Physical Education Intent Statement
PE is to be physically active and develop skills in a range of physical activities.
At St Joseph's, the aims of our PE curriculum are to develop pupils who:
- Have a keen interest in PE and a willingness to participate eagerly in every lesson and are active throughout lessons
- Are willing to practise skills in a range of different games and physical activities:
- Tag Rugby
- Are able to improve their own and others’ performance by applying the knowledge and skills taught in games and physical activities
- Can cooperate and collaborate with others, understand fairness and equity of play.
- Are proactive in participating in activities which promote their own physical fitness.
- Are able to remain physically active for sustained periods of time and have an understanding of the importance of this in promoting long-term health and well-being;
- Take the initiative and become excellent young leaders, organising and officiating, and evaluating what needs to be done, and motivating and encouraging excellent sporting attitudes in others;
- Employ imagination and creativity in their techniques, tactics and choreography;
- Have a willingness and a positive attitude to take part in extra-curricular activities, inter and intra sporting events and competitions
- Can swim at least 25 metres before the end of Year 6 and know how to remain safe in and around water.
Love, Learn, Live