Values & Ethos
The teachers and governors of St Joseph’s provide a broad, balanced curriculum to enable each child to achieve the highest standards of education in a Catholic ethos.
THE AIMS OF ST JOSEPH’S CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL ARE:
- to nurture the uniqueness of each individual as a member of God’s family
- to ensure that the Catholic faith is at the heart of the whole school experience
- to create a well ordered supportive environment in an atmosphere conducive to learning where every child feels confident and safe.
- to create an atmosphere of reconciliation, where pupils can accept the consequences of their own actions, and be encouraged to make more responsible future choices
- to deliver a relevant curriculum with equal access for all pupils
- to encourage and support each child to achieve the highest standards of which they are capable
- to encourage each child to become a concerned compassionate member of society determined to promote justice and peace
- to promote good working relationships based on mutual cooperation and trust
- to provide a welcoming place for parents
- to work in harmony with the parish and the local community.